On Wednesday, 09/15/2010 at 07:46 EDT, Scott Rohling
<scott.rohl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok - so this is about linemode sessions.   And yeah - I get the crickets
- who
> the heck uses linemode?   I suppose it fits.   I always have a grin on
my face
> when I explain virtual reader/punch/printer to non-z/VM folk.
>
> The consistency factor is me expecting the first word in front of the
dash (-)
> to be a guest name.   So I still think Q VSM would be better than
stuffing it
> into Q NAMES where I'm looking for guest names and their status.   But
no one
> asked me..  hmmph
>
> Sounds like I get my list of running guests by ignoring VSM..    Keeping
my
> fingers crossed no one names a guest VSM until I retire   :-)

Perhaps it would help to know that all VSMs
1. Appear on a separate line of output on QUERY NAMES
2. Have the '-' in column 9.  User IDs have it in column 10.  (Sneaky,
huh?)
3. Can be seen via "CP QUERY IUCV *CCS"

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development (T minus 3h 50m)