Kumar Appaiah wrote:
Translated:

2009/3/4 இராமதாசன் <ramada...@amachu.net>:
"Imposing restrictions like you must frame your mails like this,
subjects like this etc. seem to impose a unneeded challenge on those
who find it difficult to express themselves clearly in English, and it
is hurtful to them. That is what seems strange to me".

That is weird. I can't recall a single instance before in ILUGC where people were less courteous or were reluctant to share info just because the question was posed in less-than-stellar English. In fact, most people are more than willing to assume what the OP might have meant and give several solutions that might solve his/her problem.

You are going to have to learn how to communicate in English sooner or later. You might as well start in a place where you're almost anonymous, and people are eager to help you in spite of your limitations. Honestly, I can't think of a better way to improve your technical communication skills than try to express your problem in a technical forum. We all had to face some embarrassment while learning a new language, right? I try to speak in Tamil as much as I can, in spite of knowing that my maid starts laughing when I do so. So what's the big deal?

--
Vamsee.