>> Anyway, attend the meetings if you have an interest in the reasoning
>> behind
>> ilugd decisions - it's open to all GNU/Linux users, we welcome inputs,
>> and all
>> proposals can be questioned/modified etc.
>
> I would attend it if it is possible. I realize I don't have the right to
> dispute
> decisions if I had not been there when it was being discussed and made.
> But I hope
> that *discussing* (I know a very thin line separates it from disputing)
> decisions
> is not too unfair, is it? Meeting minutes are sometimes too terse for
> non-Delhi
> residents to understand why a decision was taken.

Of course you have every right to discuss any decision on the mailing list,
and even dispute it for that matter. However, I hope you realise that it is
difficult to cater to every demand on this list. For example, it took me
nearly two hours to prepare the minutes that you describe as too terse, and
I am certainly not agreeable to investing more time than that. The
discussions leading to the name, and other plans for the event, took more
than three meetings, and something of the order of 15-20 hours from
everyone who chose to participate. I do not see how we could possibly get
this kind of involvement from people on a mailing list, the one possibility
being setting up video-conferencing.

Regards,
Gora