2008/6/2 Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Some people (including me) are neutral to code that doesn't run on their
> primary processor.  For instance, I'd complain if you gave me a
> non-free driver for my WiFi card, but I wouldn't if you gave me a free
> driver that downloads a binary blob to the card itself.  The blob isn't
> running on my CPU, so I'm less antagonistic to it being non-free.

But, doesn't you own both the CPUs? It is like saying you cannot break
my leg, but it is OK to break my finger.

Also the owner still keeps the right to modify the code where as the
user is left in the dark, isn't that the whole of the issue? Where is
runs is just a matter of technical design.

When the owner of the code has the ability to control code and the
user is left at mercy of the owner the issue of Freedom comes.

> Just a different point of view to the issue...

Cheers
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍