On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hmm, not sure I agree with that.  I see the issues at hand as being (a)
> gratuitously pushing a product/service/group that has no relevance in
> the current context and

a) In http://www.mail-archive.com/ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org/msg21486.html,
there was a recommendation made by Mr. Gora for other linux distros, without
giving any reason to back his views, and so did I for opensolaris. What is
not in context here?
b) In http://www.mail-archive.com/ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org/msg21510.html,
there was a show of concern for creating awareness for opensource and so I
mentioned about our program and what it does to fulfill that purpose!

(b) not clearly specifying that you get paid
> for peddling that item, whatever it is.  And if the latest
> (proprietary)

Proprietary???

I don't know why and how people are so uninformed here!

OpenSolaris is Open Source! ALL the code in it is open and NOTHING in it is
sun proprietary. I'm not a fool to talk about it on a FOSS list otherwise!
Get the facts right first, with all due respect.

product that Mr Singh mentioned turns out to be a Sun
> product, I'll request the list admin to moderate his postings until he
> (Angad) clearly understands that this is not a medium for marketing
> proprietary crap from anyone, be it Sun, IBM, RH or MS.

* Oh my god! *

Sir, with all due respect, I know you're the one with the big stick and the
admin hat here, but I would definitely want to CLEAR this out right here,
right now that: OpenSolaris is NOT Sun 'proprietary crap'

> I personally have no issues with discussion on any FOSS product or
> activity on this list, but it's up to the list managers and ILUGD
> office-bearers to define the scope within which we operate here :)

And you call that open source :) You call that FOSS!

BTW, my Premier and my Contessa outrank your Amabssador. <g,d&r>

Oh so very funny, I'm rolling on the floor laughing over this :)

--
Angad Singh
http://angadsingh.in

"The best way to predict future is to invent it"