On Tuesday 30 September 2008 20:36:02 Arun SAG wrote:
> yeah sure..sorry for that.......By the way here is the link
> http://lwn.net/Articles/293906/

Strange that you quote that article for the accusation about Ubuntu and
the only takeaway that you had was that "it is not contributing". Maybe
you have not read the article in full, but it actually presents a quite
well-balanced view on those accusations.

I quote a snippet here:

"""
There is no doubt that Ubuntu could do better than it has. But we should
not lose track of what Ubuntu has done. Ubuntu has created a
distribution which appeals to a whole new class of Linux users. The
fact that much of this work was done elsewhere notwithstanding, Ubuntu
has shown that a Linux system can wear a friendlier, easier-to-use
face. In the process, it has made Debian suitable for a larger class of
users. Ubuntu has shown that a Debian-based distribution can make
regular, stable releases and still ship contemporary software. Ubuntu
has lived up to its promises of support, including providing
top-quality security support. And all of this is happening in a way
that, we are told, should become commercially self-sustaining at some
point.
"""

- Sandip