On Jan 9, 2006, at 21:26, Lou Judson wrote:
On Jan 9, 2006, at 6:14 PM, Ben Pazolli wrote:
(every
"Finder" window can turn into Internet Explorer by just typing a web
address into the address bar),

Windoiws has an address bar in every window? How wierd! (I never used it) Why do they do that?

Yes, every Windows Explorer window can be turned into an Internet Explorer window just by changing the "address bar" area from something like "C:\WINDOWS" to "http;//www.apple.com/" -- I guess that's one of the "benefits" of integration, but personally I find web browsing and filesystem browsing to be completely distinct activities, and this integration muddies that distinction. Also, you can browse Windows shares by changing "C:\WINDOWS" to "\\servername." It works the other way too, turning an Internet Explorer window into a Windows explorer window.

Daniel