On 29/10/10 10:26PDT, Tina K. wrote:
On 2010/10/28 17:16, Mystic Prowler so eloquently wrote:
I wonder if it would be a good idea to dual-boot it with Ubuntu systems
because Ubuntu still supports PowerPC with their newer system releases.

Actually, Ubuntu dropped official support for PPC several versions ago,
but the community has taken up the slack. Debian has official support
for PPC, and so does YellowDog and a few other variants.

There will come a day when Apple stops supporting 10.5 and then PPC
users will have to decide if they want to continue without any further
security updates or if they want to change platforms.

<http://penguinppc.org/about/distributions.php>

With Apple now making their own chips, perhaps we'll see a new Mac platform that DOESN'T have "Intel Inside". I refuse to purchase any "Mac" from Apple that uses Intel. If Apple doesn't start using their own chips, then at least they should use AMD chips so as not to support the Intel monopoly.

Even better might be for Apple to use some of their pocket change and buy AMD; that would really block the Intel/Microsoft monopolists.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is ... oh, never mind."