Pierre Joye wrote:

> You (as group)

We are individuals, all members of the mail lists.

> Tell us the names of these entities, companies or persons, who are
> going to contribute and what are actually their requirements.

The general list of data access providers has been given before and
isn't surprising.

I can't represent anyone other than myself in these discussions.

> What will they bring (saying "expertise" is not something I can
> buy)?

We bring development, maintenance, testing and documentation folk.  We
bring in-depth data access knowledge.  We bring previous experience
from working on standards.  We bring experience from working on PHP.

A side benefit is that this leads to more people familiar with PHP code
and PHP processes.  This grows the pool of talent with the potential
to contribute to PHP in general (as my management would like me to
do).  The people are also able to help shape their future databases to
help the PHP user, for example, Oracle's Database Resident Connection
Pooling (DRCP).

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel:  +1 650 506 8630