Pierre Joye wrote:
> As we all agree that poor drivers are not welcome (and great drivers
> are...), the problem here is not about improving PHP database support
> (call it PDOv2 or DBDOv3) but to introduce CLA'ed areas in PHP, php
> core or PECL. It would be nice to dissociate the two and to begin a
> real dialog between all parties (see my list of questions).
>
> About the list having been already gaven, sorry but I can't remember
> any list or any post about this topic not coming from existing
> contributors.

There's a list of the organizations who have currently expressed
interest in http://www.php.net/~wez/pdo/pdo-faq.txt

> Conferences and management meetings are great place to create
> personal contacts and improve one thing or another, they are not the
> place to decide such things for the whole community.

Nothing was decided other than the proposal that was presented for
the community to evaluate.

I think most multi-person plans that impact an existing OSS project
have had some genesis in private discussions before being broadcast.
For PDO V2, this discussion was just really slow and intermittent.

Chris

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel:  +1 650 506 8630