On 14.02.2008, at 23:06, Christopher Jones wrote:

I think most multi-person plans that impact an existing OSS project
have had some genesis in private discussions before being broadcast.
For PDO V2, this discussion was just really slow and intermittent.

Yeah, I am basically fine with this. I send private emails to people around OSS projects all the time. Its absolutely ok and actually something that is vital to keep things manageable.

However the point here is. There is a proposal on the table to change the php.net project to be able to bring in developers we do not know, for code they have not yet written, for specs they have not yet contributed. This is flipping our development process upside down while adding legal hurdles.

As such the only course of action I currently is to start working. If you guys do not feel like you can work within the current legal bounds of php.net, then I suggest you start working outside of them. Once we see actual value being contributed, the willingness to compromise and change will be much higher.

regards,
Lukas