2011.09.04 12:13 Reindl Harald rašė:

> Am 04.09.2011 06:37, schrieb Stas Malyshev:
>> Hi!
>>
>> On 9/2/11 6:51 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>>> Forget the failed tests. A new PHP release is about improving the
>>> ecosystem. If the folks that maintain libmysql and mysqlnd suggest that
>>> mysqlnd is more robust and it is the path forward, why would we resist
>>> this? Do we not trust Oracle/MySQL enough to listen to their input?
>>
>> Because of the little thing called BC?
>
> what the hell are you speaking about?

A little thing called backwards compatibility. If you change the way
extension behaves and some application depends on that kind of behavior,
it will break that application.

>> Right now I have at least two tests suggesting mysqlnd has different
>> semantics than libmysql,
>
> so why are these not reported upstream 1 year ago and fixed?

Since when third party implementation can impose own standards on primary
library implementation? Different semantics is not a bug for libmysql.

--
Tomas