So, that would imply that, if you need to get more addresses,
the ones you get from stateless autoconf are not enough to operate.

In other words, addresses are not equals and some may be "better"
(for some definition of better) than the others or at least have
different
purposes...

But how does the node knows wich ones are "better", or which ones to
use?
In particular, if the node sources a datagram,
which address is it suppose to use? If we leave it to the default
address
selection rules, this ends up being defined by a longest prefix match
with
the destination, which may or may not correspond to this notion of
"better" addresses to use.

This would seem to imply that when we revisit the default address
selection
rules, we may want to add an extra rule to deal with that case.

   - Alain.