On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
Do you really believe that enough IPv6 routers have shipped with this sort of ECMP behavior in _hardware_ that we need to consider that legacy deployment? I'm somewhat skeptical that this could be the case... If we're going to make design compromises to deal with currently-deployed hardware, I'd like to see some evidence that this hardware actually exists in numbers that are worth considering.

FWIW, Juniper docs say the following. Not sure what else they could do in hardware or what are the caveats.

By default, IP version 6 (IPv6) packets are automatically load-balanced based on the following Layer 3 and Layer 4 information:

    * Source IP address
    * Destination IP address
    * Protocol
    * Source port number