Michael,

On 2013-05-29, at 1:09 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:
>   Ray> How does the very first URI learn the correct ZoneID in the first
> place?
>    Ray> Manually.
>
> In a Bonjour/mDNS scenario, the client sees the link-local address on
> interface
> with zoneID FOO, and records that.  The client learns it's correct ZoneID.
> (At no point does it matter what the server's zoneid for the interface
> is)

One important point here: we don't send IPv6 link local addresses in this case,
we send the .local hostname that the printer is using.  This avoids the whole
issue of IPv6 link-local addresses in URIs, we just have to deal with changing
printer hostnames (due to name collisions) and the normal issues of changing
networks on the client - home Wi-Fi vs. work network, etc.