On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Sheng Jiang <jiangsh...@huawei.com> wrote:

>  Yes, there is no intension to change ARIN’s policy at all. ARIN should
> remain the current policy of assign IPv6 address block. But the network
> providers, who has already get address block, can choose to use the
> addresses with certain semantics. And no one, including ARIN can stop this.

Agreed, but even for network providers that already have blocks, this will
be an issue if they ever need another block. But I do think you should
write this in the draft.

> However, it is not necessary as worse as 2^N times. For example, it there
> are 2 bits to separate different use types (say 4 different types), it
> actually only separate use address spaces into four different spaces. It
> does not limit the address space to be 1/4 of original space.

How is that different from saying "by adding two bits of semantics in the
prefix, the network will use 4 times the address space than it would
otherwise"?