Thank you for the follow-up. I just had another message that provoked
this error. This one from protonmail, so it is not a microsoft exchange
specific issues, and I do not use davmail for the protonmail account.

I did notice that this email had 12 (twelve) embedded images. Perhaps
this is somehow related to the error?

Regards,

Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen_at_gmx.de_brittander...@duck.com> writes:

> DuckDuckGo was unable to verify sender identity
>
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 07:59:09AM -0400, brittanderson--- via isync-devel
> wrote:
>>The error has reoccured. It is:
>>
>>Socket error: receive buffer full. Probably protocol error.
>>
> hmm, this might in fact be one of the two regressions that prevent me
> from releasing 1.5.0 - i honestly don't remember, as it's been over a
> year now - i'm sidetracked by other projects.
>
>> Happy to provide more details if you can point me in the best
>> direction.
>>
> i don't think that's necessary. it "just" requires me looking really
> hard at the code. the culprit must be one of the last commits to
> socket.c (git-bisect'ing it would not hurt). if someone else wants to
> take a shot at analyzing it, that would be most welcome.
>
> regards

Britt Anderson
Kitchener, ON CA; Paris France