William, Seb and others,

On 07/04/11 01:37 am, William wrote:
With all of the recent hard work and improvements, didn't they impact/
update SVN for files in TORELEASE? I am thinking of the device file
optimisations for example.  If so, we might consider to do another
'freeze' and waiting period?

A new beta package should be created ASAP since beta2 misses the recent improvements and fixes (a.o. in the device files).

[Seb wrote]
I'm not sure, we've been waiting so much, but and the other side
> you're right we should wait some more due to recent changes.
> But... this waiting period is about testing, if no one is able to
> test, it's a waste of time. Rob, what's your opinion about this?
> I guess you want to release asap too. How much did you test your
>  new device files ?

With every new set of device files I to an automated compare with the old set and see if the differences are as I intended 'm to be. I compiled all samples and found no issues. I 'physically' tested some blink samples and some of the most complicated samples I can test myself, again no issues. So I'm pretty confident the latest changes in the device files won't cause new problems.


2.4p is on his way. this jallib 0.7 release won't last long
anyway...

And there are some more changes coming up, such as new release of MPLAB (8.73a, I skipped 8.70 which was released during my holidays).

So Seb, I suggest to generate beta3 ASAP and without serious issues promote it to 'release' in a week or so.

Regards, Rob.



Regards, Rob.

--
R. Hamerling, Netherlands --- http://www.robh.nl

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to