On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:10 AM, Miroslav Pokorny <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com
> wrote:

>  Im not sure if its business or an American thing but it seems you forget
> to about being human which is sometimes mostly about doing the right thing
> regardless of what the law says. Overall most companies forget that simple
> fact.

Expecting companies (public ones at that) to follow the same moral laws as
humans is quite naïve. Besides, Google has contributed to open source in
more ways than I can even remember. You are upset that they don't match your
expectations in that area, but try to step back and apply your reasoning to
other major software companies like Oracle, Apple or HP. How does Google
look then?

> Too me its like taking an open source library, making lots of cash and
> never even giving the authors a donation. Yes its legal but its overall, its
> disappointing.

Google has hired *a lot* of open source developers to work on their open
source project. That sounds even more generous than a donation to me.

How many other companies do that?

--
Cédric