On Sep 7, 10:10 am, Miroslav Pokorny <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Firstly my argument was not about technicalities.

We are engineers, technicalities is what we do... otherwise we'd be
priests.

> Googles statement that it
> was an attack on open source was hypocritical because they want to gain from
> open source and took advantage of "free" java but when it was their turn to
> cough up the cash they did everything but.

What cash? You can not expect Google to have bought Sun just because
they happen to use some of their open source technology. I could argue
it would make more sense if SpringSource had bought Sun but that's
still irrelevant. Google is not religious about what they use and many
of us sees that as freedom to innovate and pushing the art forward,
i.e. as they do with many other things such as GWT.

> Im not sure if its business or an
> American thing but it seems you forget to about being human which is
> sometimes mostly about doing the right thing regardless of what the law
> says.

Fabrizio already covered this nicely.

> Too me its like taking an open source library, making lots of cash and never
> even giving the authors a donation. Yes its legal but its overall, its
> disappointing.

We all build upon one another. The JDK also ships with it's share of
NIH tech, i.e. zlib powers the stuff within java.util.zip.*
You may be disappointed over Google not having bought Sun, but get
over it - that's business and driven by powers and interests way
beyond whatever moral standards you try to extrapolate.