> Dont confuse my argument, i just find Google's stance hypocritical. When
> they said its an attack on open source, they really meant its an attack on
> their ability to get a free ride...

You can not copyright or patent a syntax, and the syntax is ALL Google
is borrowing. Sun had nothing that competed with Android so the whole
attack argument is moot, unless you consider smashing a mosquito for
an attack. Oracle is making a very calculated move which people are
still trying to figure out, but whatever the end game, you can not
claim that it's based on what Google and Android "took from Sun". It
sounds to me as if that's what you are claiming.

> In the end, they decided to get fancy and we have the
> outcome that we are all witnessing today.

Again, Sun had nothing to match the requirements of a modern smart
phone environment so I am not sure what the "fancy" thing is you refer
to. It is a smart thing to use a syntax that everyone is familiar
with, as well as the popular Apache libraries (also not officially
Java). But humor me here, would you think otherwise of Google had they
adopted say the C# syntax and Mono libs? Would that leave Sun or
Oracle in any better shape?