Joseph Francis wrote:

Colin, I can see that you and I just aren't going to
agree on this, but oh, well, that's OK.
You just don't understand where I'm coming from.

You said something about "God has to punish someone".
You are confusing forgiveness of sin with expiation of
sin. God forgives sins, yes, but there also must be a
price to pay. eg, even if a criminal is sorry, he
still has to serve his time. God is a forgiving and
merciful God, yes, but He is also a God of Justice.

EVen writing this, I know you still won't understand.

don't be so patronizing. I understand well. what you cannot accept is that i don't agrree with you even tho i understand what you believe. it is not logical, it is based on fear(which you do not understand or more likely refuse to acknowledge) and is very damaging to people in general.
bw
colin