Lieve, I suppose what the film's trying to say is that the 'nothing compares' feeling is a mis-memory, and that eventually something (e.g. the hopping man, who I think just represents the passage of time) will make you realize that. And all you can do until then is hang on and believe you'll get over it eventually. You don't learn to be strong on your own. You just stop needing to be so strong.

Something like that. . . ;-)

Sarah

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
What I wanted to see, was: how do you REALLY cope with
grief? When it really keeps hurting without surprise solutions, when you
don't have a deus ex machine hopping along? How do you learn to be strong
ON YOUR OWN or just with some pretty average people around you to give
pretty average support? How to snap yourself out of that "nothing compares"
despair...