[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Kakki, a pasty is a pastry with minced meat and usually potato and other vegetables in it. And it tends to be a half moon shape and quite large. You used to eat it in Scotland with chips (french fries) to sober up after a long night drinking, although it's now been replaced by the Indian curry which causes vomiting and therefore sobriety marginally faster.

Sarah
Sarah-as far as I understand, chips are not French Fries. French Fries are like McDonalds chips. The Americans term what we call chips as 'home fries'.

What we call chips, is real potatatoes peeld and cut by hand, failrly thick in comaprison with FF, and then fried.