Kakki, I was going to send some lines from songs that suggest to me this - what I call - lack of self-definition, but to be honest, I feel a bit icky about discussing on the internet someone's decision to have her child adopted. It was private, and none of my business. So I'm not going to say any more about it, but maybe I can send you these lines another time, in another context, as that discussion has literary merit, and might offer some insight into her poetry.

Sarah