Wow Ron - very good points.  I've been on the other side of the same
situation a few times - only in dating relationships, but even then the
relationships were marred for me forever.  I know how it can shut you right
up, and then future communication becomes more and more stilted because of
the erosion of trust.

I always kind of identified with "Talk to Me" in that I can be overly talky
like Joni at times.  Mind goes a mile a minute and you go from one subject
to another and before you know it it is 4 in the morning  Luckily I have a
few male friends who are equally or more talky that me that I can indulge
with sometimes. ;-)

I remember an old boyfriend in high school who was the proverbial man of few
words.  It used to drive me nuts sometimes, but it wasn't because he was
being witholding or anything like that. He was extremely generous and sweet.
But he was very shy and verbosity just wasn't in his nature.  He was, on the
other hand, a genius at anything mathematical or spatial and helped me pass
Geometry (barely).

Kakki