hi colin

        >>> No wonder that relationship died, Ron. What a dreadful way to
treat someone. No wonder you clammed up. It is this sort of thing I was
referring to-how we so easily 'blame' the other when it is us who do not
create a good atmosphere for communication

thanks colin.

actually im quite surprised looking back at my posting now. i didnt realise
quite how much emotion there was in it at the time of writing!!!  i was just
posting to support what people were saying about communication, and i wound
up venting instead. obviously something i still need to deal with to some
extent.

well. not really. my cat just doesnt care what i say as long as i feed him
and fuss him. no seriously - im not rushing into the same trap - id rather
be single than go through that again....

ron