The documentation is excellent and one major reason I am here.

As a publisher and writer of computer books, I think I know exactly what the
best next step would be for improving the docs.

Before I sold Waite Group Press to Simon and Schuster we had two very
successful lines of language books

Bibles (ergo reference guides)
How To's (e.g. How Do I..Call a Javascript Function from jQuery)

We let IDG (now Wiley) and others do the dummies books because that area of
the market was a gold mine if you hit it first. I am hoping we will see a
Head First jQuery from O'Rielly and a jQuery Visual QuickStart from
Peachpit.

We know Karl has a reference book coming out from Packit (you should all
preorder it to support our local authors)

WHAT IS NEEDED FOR A JQUERY LEARNING RESOURCE

I think jQuery could benefit greatly from a simple How To
document/book/website addition/etc. If we followed my model the pages would
be a collection of How Do I...(do something in jQ) in a standard format. It
would need a super table of contents and be set up for searching concepts.

The key is picking a range of really really good How To's. If any of you
have our old Visual Basic How To that sucker really sold well because we
worked very hard picking good examples.

I've been thinking about what these might be and have a lot of other ideas.
In our books we would start with the most basic uses of jQuery and move up
in difficulty and level towards later chapters.  We would aim to have How
Tos that actually did things that are useful but we would try and keep them
short as possible.

I have started a How To list because as a novice I am very aware of the
simple assumptions the docs make and the very important things you need to
know early about syntax and basic concepts.

If anyone is interested in working with me on such a project, let me know
offline and I will report back here if I spark any interest.

Mitch