On 4/17/2012 8:31 AM, Robert7721 wrote:
> My airplane N1852Z meets LSA. However, it is licensed as an E-AB and I
> recommend any builder register it that way anyway. Reason is you don't know
> the performance numbers until you test it in Phase I. My KR2S is slow but
> built light and uses the RAF 48 airfoil. Stall speed was 50 mph which meets
> the LSA requirements. I also have a Class III medical so don't try and stick
> the FAA on me.

Rob,
     A Sport Pilot or a Private Pilot using a drivers license as a
medical can fly an EAB aircraft that meets the specs of an LSA.   If
your KR meets all the specs of an LSA aircraft, you can let that Class
III medical expire and continue flying it with no worry about getting
the FAA stuck on you...

-Dj

--
Dj Merrill - N1JOV