I know sometimes people will start saying things here on the net that sound a
little rude. I don't think they really mean it that way. But it does start to
get old special when people aren't flying and they start talking about How
unsafe something is or is not. I have flown with a Aft CG a couple times you
better be on your toes when you do it. It can be done it's not safe but again
it can be done. There are people out there they will take some of this as
gospel when it's not. Dennis Pointer was a good example for those that remember
him. He crashed a really nice looking KR going to the Oklahoma flying. Then he
got lost coming back to denton and when he did make it he ran off the runway
took out some signage and flipped upside down. That was the last of his
airplane. I had gone to his shop because we were getting ready to test fly the
airplane and I found him with a tail off. I asked what was going on and he said
he talk to somebody and they thought his tail was too small.  This was before
the Internet and that person had never flown in one had never been in one he
was building one. But he never finished.I talked Dennis  into putting it back
like it was and I test flew the airplane two months later for him. I Put about
seven or eight hours on it. It was a very nice flying airplane with a 2180
turbo. He never could handle it. That was the same year that Les Palmer lost
the drive belt and had to put it down in Durant. He went home got his trailer
and went ahead and brought it up to Oklahoma flying. As a lot of people will
tell you build the airplane quit trying to change things that don't need to be
changed the airplane is a proven design and they have made some nice
modifications over the years. My KR was an original stretch that I acquired in
1990 and got it flying again. I had the standard tail the original wings
started out with a 65 horse finally went to an 0 200. Had a lot of fun with the
airplane before I had to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone