Joy - thanks for reminding me about Gene Stratton-Porter (it really is Gene,
short for Geneva).  My favouritest of all her stories is Michael O'Halloran
which I read a lifetime ago, for the first time and have read over and over
since.  Another of her books is Laddie which I really enjoy too.

Another "old-fashioned" author that I love and have re-read most of her books
is Mary Webb - my favourite is Precious Bane, closely followed by Gone to
Earth, which was reprinted in paperback in 1989, Seven for a Secret and The
House in Dormer Forest.

Malvary in Ottawa where we have 2 days with thunderstorms forecast
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]