Hi everyon

I have had trouble with the lace lifting, but not the pattern lifting
except when placing a flat card on a curved (i.e. cookie) pillow top -
there are a couple of things I usually do, might be worth considering:

I use a workcloth with a hole cut in the middle, to place the bobbins
through for all the but patterns with 'lots' of pairs - the cloth can be
pinned firmly in place and this would keep the pattern flat too.
I now seldom use a pattern on card - most often I photocopy the
pattern onto plain paper and that becomes the pricking - even and
especially for Buckspoint - no prepricking necessary, and I'm going to
toss the pricking afterwards anyway - and the paper should conform to
whatever pillow surface (i.e. lie flat). I make all sorts of laces, all
sorts of styles, all sorts of experimenting (and master of none, LOL)
happy lacing
bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (west coast of Canada)