Years ago when I started working in a drawing office one of the things we had
to do was as follows; we were given a hanky sized square of architects linen
and we had to wash off the coating to create our own cleaning cloth for
cleaning our ink pens with. It's a very slimy job. As soon as the linen hits
the water the 'dressing goes very slimy' and takes quite a bit of rubbing and
scrubbing to get that coating off the linen.

Once the dressing is washed off however you have an incredibly fine piece of
linen left behind. Unfortunately I am unable to help with what the starchy
dressing is made of I'm afraid.

I'd be interested to know. Off to google it now.

Claire
Kent, UK.
Was lovely and sunny this morning. Normal service has been resumed now sadly.

Claire Allen
www.bonitocrafts.co.uk
Crafty stuff I want to show off.