I know it has been said here and there already, but a great addition
to lazarus/fpc would be RAD web developpment.
Aka develop your website using pascal and let the
always-the-same-boring-ugly-hard-to-figure-out javascript code be made
automagically.

AFAIK, IntraWeb while very powerfull now only runs on Windows.
But the general idea of developping it in rad, then compile, and use
the apache module you get is just plain great.
If we could get the same kind of thing for lazarus/linux, THAT would
be impressive.

Sorry for jumping in with that but errrm, be serious for a second, I
don't see the point for any OPascal developper to move to .net which
has nothing to attract us, EXCEPT this little gem called asp.net

(and to stop any tentation [:p], I myself am a somehow skilled php programmer)

--
Lepidosteus
http://lepidosteus.com