I have found the same thing. In fact, I have yet to deply my
EigerSteinBeta2 for exactly that reason. I seem to quite frequently get
floppy errors and I'm not comfortable on its stability. Is the problem the
format, the physical drives or what? I was beginning to think I was doing
something stupid.

Maybe I should just accept the fact and move to an a:/b: floppy?

dbc.
On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Jeff Newmiller wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, David McBride wrote:
>
> > I am having a lot of I/O errors with my floppys.  I have changed the cable
> > and drive already.  What is a good brand of floppy to work woth the 1680KB
> > format?
>
> I tend to use whatever generic brand I come across.  If the format fails,
> into the trash it goes.
>
> I/O errors can arise if you are attempting to back up to a full disk or
> if the disk is mounted when you attempt to back up. I have also
> encountered continuing problems with disks that have experienced either of
> these mistakes until I re-wrote another image on them (I suppose fsck
> might have done just as well, but rewriting the image was easier).
>
> Always keep backups of your floppies.  I keep a history of images to refer
> to later.
>
> Dust is also a continuing problem for me.  Thus comes the attraction of an
> old hard disk or a flash disk.

> DCN:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
> /Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.       .OO#.  rocks...2k

David B. Cook, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linux -- up 14 days because it can.
12:24pm up 14 days, 18:25, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00