There is nowt bizarre about that, my Grandma used to teach at a Blind School
and they played footie with a ball that had a bell inside.
I am sure that the FA run (or used to run) a national league.
From what I remember each team has 5 players, the outfield players have to
wear eye patches (as they allowed partially sighted players) and the
goalkeeper could have full sight.
I understand that overhead kicks and diving headers were a bit rare though.
Just so that I cover my self "Diversity and Inclusion" wise, the Deaf School
ball has a red light inside, the Catholic school ball hangs from a chain and
has smoke coming out of it, the CofE school doen't have a ball as it might
offend others, the muslim faith school ball can only be kicked towards mecca
and the Jewish school ball doesn't have an outer cover. Is there anyone I
forgot to offend ;o))
--------------------------------------------------
From: "Dr Michael Benjamin" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 6:20 PM
To: "LUList" <[email protected]>
Subject: [LU] Oh dear
When all else fails I sometimes try just helping my patients.
So when this kid asked for a certificate for something that he is not
covered I decided to do it anyway.
Taking his case history went OK. For the sake of completeness I asked
what his hobbies were?
Being a Leeds supporter his answer was not as bizarre as it other would
appear. He liked playing football.
So what is so bizarre about that to a non United supporter?
The kid is blind.
Michael
Dr Michael Benjamin,
Community Psychiatrist
_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors.
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Sorry Macca - it's the curse of Bates old lad