Darlene,

This is well off topic and I am only answering on list because this is becoming
an increasing problem, so my apologies to those who know it all.

This has nothing to do with Ancestry or any other software, but is a known
problem between Dell and Microsoft - when SP3 is installed it also affects some
AMD processors and other systems. You need to get rid of SP3 - easier said than
done, and a complete uninstall of the o/s may be necessary. You are best
advised to contact Dell and Microsoft.

Microsoft even publish a tool which will stop SP3 automatically installing for
12 months.

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:50:40 -0700
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Off topic, but need help, off of this list, concerning
> Ancestry.com!
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> Hi
> I cannot see the images on Ancestry.com, any longer. I had automatic updates
> on my Windows XP Service pack two and it downloaded the update with service
> pack three. Over the weekend I had all kinds of problenms with My Dell
> desktop computer and finally got Dell tech support to help me. I had two
> viruses while I had Norton turned off, for 1/2 a day and so the techs
> reinstalled Windows and I have service pack 2, now. When I first did
> searches, at Ancestry.com, last evening, it accessed the census images fine,
> but when I tried it today, it freezes the screen, again! Norton 360 is up and
> running and I have no threats. I went into Ancestry image viewer and deleted
> it, but it made no change in my access to images. There are probably more
> files hidden. Can someone please give me a heads up on what could be the
> problem? I payed $300 for another year with Ancestry.com in March and not
> getting the census images is a real bummer! Thanks for any and all
> help with this problem!
>
> Darlene
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." ~ C.S.
> Lewis, 1898-1963

All new Live Search at Live.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000006ukm/direct/01/