-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gail Nestor
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 7:27 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Old Source Detail associated with newly Merged
Master Sources

I think what Janis and I were talking about has to do with what
happens to the source detail.  When you merge an old master source
(which has one or more details attached to it) into a new sourcewriter
source, the new source does replace the old one as expected.  The
source details associated with the old source also do seem to go along
and become part of the the newly merged source.

*However*, when you look at the assigned sources screen, you cannot
see the old source details in the source output tab at the bottom of
the screen, even when you select "show entire source" (at least I
can't).  You *can* still see part of the source details in the upper
part of the assigned sources screen, but unless your entry is short
(which mine aren't for my census sources), you will have to stretch
the field width to the max to (hopefully) see it all.  Even then, I
don't believe you can do a copy/paste of this data, but maybe I am
wrong.