From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Elizabeth Richardson
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 1:34 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Master Source Subsequent Citation Issue

Kirsten, I used that example because of a discussion in this group within
the last 2 weeks. The discussion centered on whether you would use the book
from a certain publisher that you (the poster, I don't recall who that was)
found in a library or whether you would use a different citation because you
found a copy of that same book on Google. There was an assertion that ESM
showed differences in the citation.

I must admit that I don't have Evidence Explained so I can't look it up. I
did purchase Evidence! when it was released many years ago. I don't know
just now where that copy might be. I find the basic source system in Legacy
to be just exactly what I need.

Wynther, you seem to think that "serious" genealogists who go to great
lengths to pigeon-hole the formatting of sources are somehow superior to
"just" family historians who are just as interested in well-founded research
and good communication of that information. I beg to differ, but I doubt
anything I might have to say on the subject would dissuade you from your
nose-bleed perch.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson