Connie - do you have a need to edit the report? The citations do print as footnotes if your output is to pdf.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Connie Sheets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 4:25 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Master Source Subsequent Citation Issue

Elizabeth M. wrote:

2. Work on the word-processing capability, so we don't
have to import into
other software to create readable biographies, adequate
discussions of
problems, and proper punctuation--after which we still have
the problem of
stuffing the genie back into the bottle.

I am happy to say I've finally figured out how to get Legacy to "almost" do what I think it should in the "word processing" department. As a former skeptic of the Events fields (preferring Notes, but then with the problem of inadequate citation to multiple sources for multiple facts), I discovered (with a little help from this list) the [Notes] [Sources] coding structure for Events. It is easy with this structure to come close to the the free-flowing narrative of word processing.

Now, if only the marriage information would print where it should in a narrative report, and footnotes could be exported where they belong (at the bottom of the page, not at the end of the narrative), it would require much less clean-up in a word processor...

Connie

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***