>Just one thing about the letter template in Legacy.  It assumes that the
'holder' of the letter is the recipient, which of course need not
necessarily be the case - but then I suppose one should use the 'historical'
letter template.  The default also refers to the holder of the letter by
surname only, even in the initial 'Footnote/Endnote Citation'.
>I have not had need to use the 'historical letter' template, but thought I
would just have a look (half way through writing this email).  Guess what!
For subsequent citations it displays full names as the default!

Un-hunh.  But I have a long-standing practice in this regard, David. I'll
discuss the theory behind citations--with users or the programmers--but the
programmers' applications of that theory are their own. (Of course, that
practice backfires against me when users of this-or-that program, who don't
have Evidence! or EE, assume that what the applications do is what Evidence!
or EE says. :)

>Just a little issue here, about the analogy - sometimes it is what *they*
want to paint rather than how it will necessarily impact on their audience.
... The music of John Cage, no doubt was composed with the principles of the
art, but is not necessarily understood or appreciated by many  people.  And
then, there's Mozart, who[se philosophy was:] I cannot say it will be
popular, but don't really care much one way or the other.  To quote a well
known, but old song, "I did it my way"!

For sure, the analogy still holds. Genealogy, like all the arts, have those
who live by Mozart and Frank Sinatra's mantra: I gotta be me!  Each of us
decide whether we want our work to be "understood or appreciated" by others
or whether we are doing this just for our own gratification.

We may cuss the "my way" folks, when it's our own families they publish on,
but none of us would want to forfeit our right to choose our own standards!

Elizabeth

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***