I just fixed my photos file of 30 years of scanned copies, which contains a few
thousand pictures. From the old Windows 3.0 files, with the file name
requirement less than nine characters, and the modern size with different
rules. What I needed to do was switch to an external drive because no room on
the laptop. The Legacy program on C: and data on E: I created my
E:/photos/pictures/* then in the * I made subfiles docs, graves, 9 photos files
- numbered photo100 to photo900, US Census, Swedish Census, then under the both
Census sorted by years, and other organizing tools.
I recommend doing the same. Once you have done the task the upkeep will save
all the time spent looking for where stuff is 'hiding'.
I will help off list if desired.
Rich in LA CA