I do this for cemeteries. Several cemeteries are interred by date. That is, they start in one corner or one spot, and from there spiraled outwards. I know Sherry already said this, but what I do here is enter everyone I have for that cemetery. Since I need it sorted by BURIAL date, I open it up in GenViewer and make a copy for the spreadsheet. Then in Excel (or whatever spreadsheet I am using), I make my burial date my primary sort, secondary sort is the name, and ternary sort based on the birth date. I don't know what I would do without GenViewer! I have the full version of GenViewer, but don't forget GenViewer Lite is free; though I don't know what features are deactivated for the Lite version.

Basically, what you are asking for is a fourth way to sort the names. You can suggest it by going to the Legacy Home Tab, and on the left side under Support, there is a line there to "Suggest a new feature." That is not a guarantee the developers will put it in, though, but they will see the suggestion.

Thanks.

Robert

At 2009-10-23  05:57 PM, you wrote:
You got it, Robert. Just like you can tag any group of names and then show
just the tagged names and sort by Given name or Surname or RIN.

Art

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Carneal USA" <carnea...@adelphia.net>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Favorite Features

: Art-
:
: Let me reword what I think you said--
:
: You want to be able to open a family file, any family file, and
: select several people. Their names may, or may not, be
: similar.   Then, using the list of people you selected or tagged, and
: just those people only, you want to sort by birthdate, perhaps oldest
: to youngest, or youngest to oldest.
:
: Have I got it?
: