In a message dated 4/22/02 11:42:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< 3) Regarding Palestine, there appears to have been >zero criticism - not
even
 >hesitation - about the suicide bombings. Are we now >for Islamist terrorism?

 Jared, do you really think this is what anti-imperialists
 should be emphasizing in the U.S. while massacres are
 going on against the Palestinians?
 We need to keep the focus on U.S. imperialism >>

MY COMMENT: So you are saying you don't think this should be "emphasized"?
Does this mean that you guys attacked the suicide bombings but just didn't
make it the major point?  Or did you not raise it at all, as is my
impression?

Of course, by attacking the suicide bombings AND at the same time attacking
the Israeli policy AND by the way also attacking the anti-Semitic incidents
in France and elsewhere -- which I also  don't believe was done but I hope
I'm wrong - you would be giving real leadership and making it clear to
Israelis and Palestinians that you favor favor a left-internationalist
approach, not a right wing approach that leads to apocalypse, wouldn't you?

By not raising the issues of suicide bombings and anti-Semitism you would, on
the other hand, be playing to the dominant tendencies, and that of course
also has practical benefits to your organization, IAC both membership and
funds, albeit these come at some cost, in principle and consequence.

Indeed, by not sharply attacking suicide bombing - by saying "any means are
appropriate" or by expressing the untruth that "all war is terror" one
encourages suicide bombing and strengthens the factions that advocate it -
and weakens those Palestinian forces who don't advocate the bombings - not to
mention the effect on Muslims around the world - not to mention strengthening
the Israeli factions who want to crush Palestinians - in other words, one
strengthens all the fascistic elements - and thus one takes on a most serious
responsibility.

Is this what you have done?

Jared