On Monday, February 17, 2020 at 3:58:48 PM UTC-5, rengel wrote:

> Hi, I just stumbled upon this particular post, but didn't read the whole
> thread. But from what I sense here, you are talking about problems that
> have been solved by another product that has been dicussed cursorily
> elsewhere on this forum: *TheBrain* (i.e. see the tutorials
> https://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials). TheBrain has everything:
> thoughts (aka concepts), notes (aka 'Zettels') with or without filenames,
> an internal automatic numbering system, user-defined names for thoughts,
> any number of tags, search functions, and named and unnamed links galore
> (hierarchical, network). And managing 'Zettel' networks with 500.000+
> zettels is no problem.
>
> Again, I haven't read the other posts. Sorry, if this has been mentioned
> already...

I just downloaded the free version, and what do you know! I used to use it
a very long time ago. I'm thinking early 2000s. I used it on some projects
at work.  I don't remember why I stopped using it, but I do remember
feeling that the interface wasn't working for me as well as I would have
liked. I remember being sorry about it because the thing had some nice
capabilities and visualizations.

I had forgotten all about it.  Thanks for reminding me.  I'll play with it
a bit.  It must be able to do a whole lot more than back then.  Nice it it
were more robust, too.  I seem to remember getting corrupted brains (data
stores, for those who haven't used it) once in a while.