I tried it briefly years ago too, and don't recall why I quit.  I think it
did have bugs at that time.
What format are files stored in?
Is it 'forward compatible'?
I haven't yet downloaded the free version now, but very much like the
capability of a variety of types of links. That's a big part of zk's
appeal, as it creates discovery and stimulation for creativity.
What about searches? Can you search for multiple link types in one search?
Can you walk through search results and pick and choose items to form a
collection?
Can you stack up 'zettels' in a column?
Does it have two panes so you can walk through a tree and view the content
in a separate pane as you can in Leo?
Can you write macros?
Can you design a parser to walk through exterior files and pick up
'zettels'?
I am hard to get along with.