On Jan 14, 2012, at 1:54 AM, Zachary Kotlarek wrote:
> While I agree that server vs. desktop is not the issue, you guys really need
> to try the modern disk management tools -- LVM or ZFS or anything similar.
> It's worth the hassle, I promise. Even if you decide you don't care on your
> system, you should at least understand why it's becoming the standard.

Yep, LVM is great. Good stuff. Very useful. As are a number of other pieces of
software that I think ought to be an a "minimal base system", like openssl,
openssh, wget, rsync and screen. In fact, I prefer having all of those over,
say, Perl - but that's just me and I have a feeling it will be a hard sell to
get LVM into core LFS.

I also think it would be useful to have dash as the provider of /bin/sh instead
of it being a link to bash - very useful for ensuring truly POSIX compliant
scripts. Also it speeds up executing of bootscripts, but I never brought that
up because, again, I think it would be a hard sell. :-)

JH