Good evening again, Frank!

Frank Gilliland wrote to Frank Reichert...

I previously wrote:
Now the question. If you are a Libertarian in Hawaii, or in Idaho, what do you do?

To which, you replied:
You enter the game of partisan politics and lie like the rest of them.

Now, ain't this a son of a gun!

Actually, probably a point that I was hoping to make might have been somewhat different. Since there are dominant Party labels in various states, such as Idaho and Hawaii (conversely GOP and Democrat), and such labels rarely express the real political ideology of a candidate, lying isn't probably even necessary.

If you happen to live in Hawaii, and you are a Libertarian, then you enter a given race as a Democrat candidate and spew a radical Libertarian platform agenda. Conversely, in Idaho, you enter a given race as a Republican candidate and spew the same Libertarian-driven agenda. Most of the "sheep-herd" populace won't see anything other than perhaps the Democrat or GOP label as attached to the candidate.

I guess I'm suggesting this because this happens in both Idaho and Hawaii all the time. The so-called GOP control over the State of Idaho isn't as awesome as it appears. The state legislature is turning heavily to the left even under the GOP label, which is why the GOP in Idaho is heavily divided. I imagine it is somewhat the case in Hawaii (Democrat controlled) today as well, although I am not so certain it has the same depth as it does in Idaho.

Kindest regards,
Frank