Frank R. wrote in part:

>these guys today?  Barry Goldwater is dead.  Where, other than
>Ron Paul do we find a viable Libertarian presence in the US
>Congress today?

Dana Rohrabacher & Jeff Flake.  Nowadays they're not "movement" types who
rouse the rabble of libertarians, but they're EFFECTIVE.  They quietly move
the GOP in Congress in a more libertarian direction, and they help move
marginal votes.

>I would honestly like to hear more from you on a couple of
>things.  First, namely, why do you believe that lying is the best
>way to get elected for expediency's sake to get elected to a
>Party label for the purpose of really promoting Libertarian
>causes?

I don't think lying is necessary for one to succeed in a political party in
which one is in an ideologic minority.  First of all, in most places the
larger parties welcome participants regardless of ideology; mostly they're
looking for people who are competent and willing to work.  Second, I've
seen here in NYC a striking case wherein a Conservative Party member I'm
friendly with was nominated as civil court judge by the Democrats thru
their primary (and elected in the general election) even though the party
leadership was very vexed by that development.

I have no problem working in the Conservative Party, and have gotten into
poisitions of considerable responsibility thereby, although everyone
recognizes philosophic differences I have with others therein.  You can
always find points of common interest with practically any political party,
sufficient to make yourself welcome there.

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert