David,
> That makes me doubt your memory.
That is your prerogative. For my part, I just double-checked your function
against the one in my backups — they are identical, excepting whitespace.
Feel free to ponder how changes in the Lilypond code since v2.9 (which was the
time of that backup) may have affected the non-functioning of that code. Or
spend your time more wisely, e.g., working on improving the current codebase.
Kieren.